Monday, October 8, 2012

ALO- leggings that have seen better days.

{Cami: Similar|Leggings: here}


Do you ever have that one piece of clothing you like SO much that you hardly wear it? Fearing the detriment of the washing machine, or unforeseen accidents with red wine at happy hour? This is what these leggings have been to me. I got enough compliments on these pants every time I wore them, I began to wear them less and less as I wanted them to last as long as possible.

This top and bottom are from ALO.  These are the Energy Capri Leggings, and are flattering in cut and wick away sweat well. Also, as I mentioned... people notice them. I was ready to sing ALO's praises in this blog review, especially since their leggings are much less expensive then comparable brands. These capri bottoms are only $52.00, compared to $75.00-$98.00 and upwards for crop pants from other yoga brands. However, (insert sad face here), after some washings, these pants have developed a hole... It's like all my fears have been realized.  

I've had the pants less then a year and I was conservative with how I cared for them--  these pants have never seen the inside of a dryer.  The hole is along the seem that runs along middle of my butt. I think the material has become thinner over time. So lesson learned, you can pay less for some pants, but they may not last as long. For what a good pair of yoga pants will run you, you should expect them to last you for years. See this article by FitSugar, on why you may want to invest in a good pair of yoga pants.

The white cami has held up really well after almost a year. It practically still looks new. It's too bad yoga tops are usually more time-sensitive to trends then bottoms, as it seems ALO's cami's will out last their pants. .

1 comment:

noral.gail41 said...

It is so good to know about your experience with Alo Yoga leggings. This is a reputed brand that uses wonderful material for the workout clothes. I also own beautiful Alo Yoga mesh leggings. The stuff is of high quality that springs back to the shape once I put it on.